Apr 1, 2011

Dreams

You know....I dream just like anyone else.  I dream when I sleep, when I am awake, and I dream of all of the things I want in life.  I must admit that I am very lucky with my family and friends, so I don't have to worry about that part of my life.  My dreams consist of food and ultimately doing what I absolutely love as my job.   Don't get me wrong, the job I have right now isn't horrible, but it's not what I LOVE to do. Comforting people with filling their bellies and fueling their life interests me. I am extremely social and love flexibility.  That is why I think catering is the thing for me.  Now, I just need a commercial kitchen and a food handlers permit.  IF I ever get to cater for my profession, I would also take time to donate meals to the less fortunate. (Preferably to the school children that have to worry about the weekends and such)  Locally help the families that TRULY need it. 

It took me waaaaaay longer than most to find my true passion and such.  Now, I didn't go to a 4 year college or get a degree and part of that is because nothing just jumped out at me. The other part is just plain lack of commitment and fear of failing.  In fact, it was just in the past year or two that I realized that I have talent in the kitchen and just how much I love it.  I like to entertain and that is the ultimate way to do so.  Yes, I am one of those obsessed individuals that waits for a reaction. If the reaction is mediocre, then I start to panic.  I want ultimate satisfaction when I feed people. The last thing I catered was to a woman who was hosting a bunco party.  I literally was pacing the floors waiting for an email or phone call with the results.  She messaged me saying that she wished I could hear all of the compliments on the meal and that people "swooned" over my dessert.  "SWOONED"  now that is an amazing description that just made me feel so proud and accomplished.

One day people....watch out. I just might be your next Anne Burrell or Paula Deen.  Good home cooked meals that satisfy not only the stomach, but the soul.

Dreamers dream.

2 comments:

  1. I'm adding you to my list! I love it and can so relate to the whole 4 year college thing and not knowing what I'm passionate about (still searching). Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your compliment and thank you for reading!! Good luck with your endeavors also.

    ReplyDelete