Apr 11, 2011

If you would just......

You know what?!  I am sick and tired of hearing people say..."If you would just...blah, blah, blah"   Or if you "just" change the way you do this or think.  I DESPISE the word "Just"
People seem to be full of advice and criticism.  Basically, when I hear someone say..."If you would just...." I cringe.  You are basically telling me that who I am and how I act is not good enough for you.  I don't do it "Your way".  Well guess what people...here's a little secret...lean in real close now.....I AM NOT YOU!  I don't think, feel, breathe, sleep, eat, or care like you do.  WHY are people so adamant about changing everyone else to think like them?  I can't even be myself because if I did....no one would know what to do!  IF I suddenly started speaking my true mind....people would think I flipped off the deep end and commit me. I NEVER tell people what I am honestly thinking.(UNLESS IT IS TO BE THERE FOR A FRIEND AND LISTENING TO THEIR TROUBLES)  That is the only time I am genuinely happy with myself.  I bite my tongue and tell people what they WANT to hear and not what they should hear most of the time. I am a people pleaser and that is a curse more than a blessing.  It is tiring trying to make everyone else happy.  Yet, if I try to do something for myself...I am made to feel guilty like I am being selfish.  Well, I want to be selfish sometimes.

I am tired of feeling this "just" thing at work, home, and with friends and family.  So please quit telling me that if I would "Just". 
I am a good friend, a genuinely caring person that just wants to be me.  Love me for who I am and not for who you think I should be. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment